Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Yikes! The Kids Are Here All Day!

    Since Homeschool Soul Mates is a place where we can be honest, let’s admit that every homeschool moms face challenges. Sometimes tough ones.
    What if I fail? The more I talk with moms, the more I hear that many are afraid even to begin homeschooling because of fear of failing. God has not given us the spirit of fear. Refusing to homeschool because you might fail is as bad as not getting married because you might fail. I recommend you commit this to the Lord in prayer. As the year pass, I think you’ll gain confidence, and the Lord will show you if this is His plan for your family.

     Yikes! The kids are here all day! Yes, I’ll admit this is a challenge. In my case, the Lord used the constant togetherness in two ways. First, He revealed some of our weaknesses—things I needed to work on and things the kids needed to work on. Personally, I’d rather have these weaknesses brought to light while kids are young than face them later when they are older. Second, the Lord used the togetherness to as a great bonding time. I love it when my twenty-five year old daughter still tells me, “Mom, you’re my best friend.”

     It’s a lot of work! No argument there, and that’s one reason Shelly and I made this place for you to come and fellowship with your Homeschool Soul Mates. Take some time after lunch to rest. If your kids are beyond naptime, then make it a quiet time when they read quietly. Ask your husband to give you a few hours each week apart from the children so you can get your energy recharged. Plan a Mom’s Night Out with other homeschool mothers or special friends. And if you need a place to talk to someone a little more mature than an eight-year-old, come visit us here!

How have you faced these challenges? What do you do to relax and recharge?

No comments:

Post a Comment