Thursday, April 1, 2010

Journal Ideas


Yesterday, Shelly shared with you why journaling is so important. Today, I thought I’d share some writing prompts that you can use for a student who thinks he has nothing to write about in his journal.

  • The Holiday I Wish We Had
  • Games I like to Play
  • Sunshine makes me feel . . .
  • The most amazing thing I’ve ever seen is….
  • If I could be doing anything right now, I’d be…
  • If I could change something about my life, it would be…(tell why!)
  • My Most Embarrassing moment
  • If I was President of the United States…
  • In twenty years, I’d like to be…
  • The best book I’ve ever read…(tell why!)
  • I’m thankful for…
  • Someone should write a book about…
  • Something people usually don’t notice about me is…
  • Things I've never owned but like
  • Write about an “ideal day”
  • A Time I Was in Trouble
  • If I could, I would give a special award to….
  • If I had $1000 dollars and had to give it away, I’d…
  • Write about the things you can do now that you couldn’t do five years ago.
  • If I could be on any television show, it would be…
  • One strange place I wish I could live is…
  • If I had one “superpower”, it would be…
  • If you could make up a brand new planet, what would it look like?
  • If you could go back in time and relive one day, what would it be? Why?
  • I think ….is a hero because….
  • For me, a perfect vacation would be…
  • Ten Things that Make Me Laugh
  • What would you do for a day if you were marooned on an island?
  • I think the biggest problem in the world today is…
  • What historical figure would you most like to meet? Why?


And one last topic suggested by my friend, Shelly: If there was a holiday named (Child’s name)’s Day, what would it be like?

Feel free to share more ideas in the comment section below!


No comments:

Post a Comment