Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

     This week I asked a number of kids why they are thankful for homeschooling. Here are some of their answers with either their ages or grade:

  • “I am thankful for homeschooling because I can learn more about God and I am taught by my Mom.” –Eric, 13 
  • "I'm thankful I don't have to worry about being bullied and being made fun of." --Kristin, 7th grade 
  • "I like not having to stuff all my books and papers in a backpack and then run out a mile to catch the bus every day." --Jenna, 2nd grade 
  • "I'm thankful for coloring." --Kayli, preschool
  • "I like the flexibility." --Mike, senior
  • "I like that I can start my school work when I like, and that it will work around my work schedule, and that I think I get a better education." --Allan, senior
  • “I'm thankful there are no bullies at homeschool.” –Heath, 2nd grade
  • “I’m thankful I get to stay home for the school part.” –Kelsey, 8th grade
  • “I’m thankful for homeschooling because I get to spend more time with my family.” –Gabriela, senior 
  • “I’m thankful because I get to be with my family, and we can worship God.” --Ashley, 15 
  • “I’m thankful because we don’t have to go to public school because they don’t teach the Bible.” –Shanae, 8 
  • “I’m thankful because there’s no people to beat me up.” –Trista, 6
Okay, readers, now it's your turn. Why are you thankful?

No comments:

Post a Comment